Monday, July 4, 2011

Home Testing Day Has Arrived!

The wait has been awful. I spent my first two days home surfing the web looking for answers to all my questions. Why did I feel so bloated, was it because of the procedure? Have my boobs been this full and tender this whole time, or is this new? Shouldn't I feel tired? Do I really feel nauseous or is it in my head? Why am I cramping? That can't be a good sign.   
It ended up just driving me crazy and stressing me out! I couldn't tell what symptoms I had because of all the drugs or what symptoms were new. I also read forums where other surrogates posted about what they experienced the following days and thought it I wasn't feeling the same, it must not have worked. It really was a whirl wind of emotions and very difficult for me.
Something I did find interesting was how soon others had tested after a transfer. The average was 5 days post a 3 day or 5 day transfer. So... I decided I would test Friday just to see what happened totally expecting to see a negative.
Friday morning I couldn't sleep. I kept having dreams about taking a pregnancy test and it being positive. So I got up at 3am and took the test. Sadly there wasn't a + sign. I didn't tell anyone I tested and just decided (after reading more forums) that it was too soon and I'd wait until today, July 4th. 
I woke up around 6 this morning and took the test. I sat there waiting for the lines to appeared and begged for it to show more than one line. I begged it to show a + sign. I think I even said "please" out loud hoping that it would help. When the control area changed I knew I wasn't going to get my wish... It was probably seconds instead of minutes and I just closed my eyes saying one last prayer. Please...



When I opened my eyes I thought I saw a + sign starting to appear. It was really faint but it was there. I held it up to the light and changed angles just to make sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me. They weren't! It was POSITIVE! B and C are going to have a baby... or two? 
I called B right after the test but she didn't answer so I sent her a text. She called me back a few minutes later. I told her that I had taken a test and asked her if she wanted to know the results. She paused to think about it but ended up saying yes. I told her it was positive. She started saying, "OMG are you serious?" She was so excited! It made me so happy to hear the excitement in her voice. Even better she was spending the 4th with her family so it was the perfect time to share the news with them too! I'm thrilled for them!! So happy that they are getting the baby (or two) that they have been dreaming about!

I'm still going for blood work to check my levels on Wednesday and Friday. I'm not too nervous about it. I figure we've made it this far, everything is going to be just fine. I am a little anxious to hear the numbers. I wonder if they both took? Could there be two in there? I can't wait to find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment