Tuesday, February 7, 2012

35 Week Appointment

This weekend I noticed that there was a mushy bulge under my belly button. That part of my stomach isn't hard and droops down quit a bit. It's sort of hard to explain. It's not something I ever experienced with my previous pregnancies. It feels bruised when I touch it and it's uncomfortable. I started freaking myself out thinking it was the placenta and started worrying that it wasn't normal. I asked about it this morning at our appointment and Dr C said it was a build up of fluid just like in my legs and feet. It's so nasty!

B was able to come down to meet Dr C and see her girls! I was so thrilled listening to her chit chat with Dr C. They both seemed really comfortable with one another. I really like Dr C and I adore B so it was nice seeing them so relaxed with one another!!
Dr C went over breech delivery with B. I'm pretty sure she was able to put her mind at ease... I hope! They even discussed haircare products for curly hair! :)

We left our first appointment and went to Torchys Tacos for breakfast. If you are ever in Austin, you have to go there! Amazing!
We ate our breakfast burritos, and chips with queso and guacamole. It was actually really nice just chit chatting and getting to know one another better. I really like B!

We went back to the doctor at 11 to have our sonogram. The set up wasn't as "high tech" as the old Dr C's but I don't think either of us minded.
I knew before going into the scan that Macy-Dean wasn't  in the same position that she was in due to her movements. I had really hoped she was head down, but she wasn't. Boo! She did migrate a little to the left. Her head is right under Hudson's butt, under my left ribs. Her body wraps straight down my body with her bottom right next to Hudson's head. She measured in at 5lbs 14oz. Hudson is still in the same position, chilling on my cervix behind all that cushiony fluid. Her body wraps up my left side with her bottom under my ribs and her knees tucked into her chest. She measured in at 5lbs 7oz. 

I'm hoping with the postions the way they are now that once Hudson is born Macy-Dean will just flip right around and come out head first too! We shall see!

Induction is in the books. February 27 at 8am. 20 more days!



No comments:

Post a Comment