Monday, June 20, 2011

Today's Drug of Choice is...

I started my Estradiol Sunday afternoon like a good little girl. One 2mg tablet placed near my uterus (or as high as I can reach) once a day. Sunday was also the last day for the Lupron injections. 
This afternoon Nurse C called and told me that she had talked to Dr C and things were still a go. She told me there was nothing else I could do to raise my estrogen levels outside of the Vivelle Dot Patches and the Estradoil. She also informed me that they wouldn't take additional blood tests to make sure my levels had increased, that they would just rely on the pills to do their job. So B's big day is tomorrow and I should know Thursday afternoon when they want me to be there, I'm guessing Friday.

Tonight was a lot of fun with starting the Progesterone shot! Nurse C taught Casey how to administer them at our appointment last week. It took a while for us to get it done and there was a lot of nervous laughter but we managed to do it after a pep talk with my friend Krystal! It wasn't even that bad. Heck, I didn't even feel it! (I'm sure I will tomorrow)
So now I'm on Estradiol, Vivelle Dot's, Progesterone AND.... antibiotics.
Despite everything that went down with Dr C, and all these crazy drugs I'm pushing into my body, I'm excited! I can't wait for my appointment and I hope that I get to call B in 15-20 days telling her we are pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I just caught up on your blog and just wanted to tell you that what you are doing is an incredible gift and I'm super proud to know someone who is such a strong incredibly giving person such as you.
    I'm pretty sure I couldn't do what your doing, and I'm also pretty sure that someone out there is very happy that you are.

    ReplyDelete