Sunday, May 27, 2012

Interested?

I got an email this weekend about another set of parents that are looking for a surrogate. This is what it said...

Kelcie,
I have another set of Intended Parents that are looking for a surrogate that is willing to meet the requirements below. Can you take a look and see if you want me to send them your profile? 
 
Obviously no drug history, alcohol, prescription meds or smoking
-Under 35 yo
-Hispanic or Caucasian
-Married with own children, stable enviroment
-Willing to have a C-section
-Amniocentesis
-No tattoos or body piercings (one or two small tattoos would be OK)
-No breast augmentations (increase in platinum levels in blood)
-Willing to give a hair sample for prior drug use screening
-Willing to undergo random drug testing while pregnant, including a urine EtH (detects alcohol 3-4 days after consumption)
-Willing to allow a home visit prior to selection
-Willing to eat mostly organic foods, at our expense, during pregnancy
-No indoor cats
-No history of depression
-Surrogacy friendly states
-Willing to travel for transfer
-We would like to get pregnant in August or November
-We have 4 precious frozen embryos
-We would prefer an experienced surrogate



I think I was in shock as I read the requirements...
Under 35,  √ (until November) 

Caucasian, √
Married with a crap load of kids, in a semi stable environment, √
Willing to have a c-section √ (only if medically necessary)
Amniocentesis, √ (If you really want one)
No tattoos or body piercings, √
No breast augmentations, √ 

Willing to give a hair sample for prior drug screening, √ (wow)
Willing to undergo random drug testing, √ (Whoa... who are these people?)
Willing to allow a home visit prior to selection, √ (hope you don't mind the crap load of kids and messy house)
Willing to eat mostly organic foods, √ (yum)
No indoor cats, - indoor and outdoor cat but I don't change the litter (got to love kids and chores!)
No history of depression, √ 

Surrogacy friendly states, √ (as long as you aren't a gay couple, Texas doesn't support them)
Willing to travel for transfer, √
August or November pregnancy, √ (who are these people again?)
4 frozen embryos, no way in hell they are putting all 4 in at once! Quadmom?
Experienced, √

I added to the list that I would only use my doctor.

I'm not sure what to expect from this couple and it kind of scares me to imagine working with a couple with a list like this... but I'm open to trying anything once.

I also got an email about the Germany couple. They wanted to make sure I would be willing to transfer two embryos, not just one. I agreed but only if they intend to keep both babies if they both took. I don't think I could do selective reduction.

I'm excited to have the opportunity to do this again but at the same time I'm really nervous. I only hope that whatever happens, whoever picks me... that they will be half as wonderful as B and C were to me.

Guess we will just wait and see what happens! 





No comments:

Post a Comment