Thursday, May 24, 2012

Closed For Renovation...

I can't believe it's only been 3 months... it seems like so long ago. The girls are doing great! I get updates from B every once in a while and she says they are PERFECT! <3 I love hearing the happiness in her voice! 

I'm pleased to report that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I never thought that would happen so quickly after all the weight I gained! For a while there I was really worried that my feet and legs would remain swollen for the remainder of my life. I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I was when I was able to put my wedding ring back on and wear my shoes again! Complete joy! :) 
I'm working really hard right now to lose a few more pounds and build some muscle. It's my goal to improve my health and become stronger before the next Womb and Board journey! 


The agency that I'm signed up with requires a waiting period of six months before cycling again. That doesn't mean that they won't attempt to match me before that date arrives, it just means that I can't go through a transfer until my six months are up. 

I actually got a phone call the other day from a coordinator asking if I wanted to match again. I told her that I wouldn't mind. I sent in a medical release for my pregnancy with the girls and updated my profile. A couple of days later I got another phone call saying that they had a couple interested in meeting with me.

It was a little odd. The moment she said those words to me I recalled my first conversation with B and C. I thought to myself there is no way I'll ever meet another couple like them. There is no way anyone else will compare to them. I doubted that I could do this again but I agreed to the conference anyway.
I wasn't nervous at all when I called the 800 number to connect with the coordinator and intended parents. I came on the line, introduced myself, told them all about my family, and answered their questions.
I didn't feel the immediate connection that I felt with B and C but I did feel something as I heard them explain their situation.
They live in Germany and have been trying for years to get pregnant. They have attempted IVF and are down to their last 4 embryos. They had to use an egg donor and their doctor suggested that using a surrogate is the last option.

I think the conversation went really well. They seemed to be happy with my responses to the questions they asked and I was okay with their requests, for the most part.
I could tell toward the end of our conversation that this was a really big decision for them. The intended dad asked that we give them about 10 days to make a final decision.

So, I wait.  And you know what there is no doubt in my mind... I'm okay with doing this again because I can do it again. I can help them become a family and give them something they have dreamed about for so long. I would be honored if they chose me. Guess we shall see...



No comments:

Post a Comment