Tuesday, January 24, 2012

33 Weeks Today!

I met with (a new) Dr C and her midwife assistant L yesterday morning. After everything that happened recently I wasn't sure what to expect but I was prepared with all my questions and ready to hear what they had to say.

I met with L first. She was exactly how I expected her to be, crunchy. She was very friendly and shared stories of successful twin vaginal deliveries with me. She has worked as a midwife for 20 years and spent a lot of time practicing overseas.

Dr C came in a few minutes later. I was shocked when I first saw her, she looked so young. I'm guessing she's actually around my age. She worked with another practice and just recently branched off to her own practice. I'm pretty sure they have less than 10 people working there.
Anyway... she was amazing. We talked about baby positions and what she would do for each scenario. She also shared stories of successful vaginal deliveries with me. She wasn't concerned about Macy-Dean being a few ounces bigger and even said the rule is... they have to be smaller than my largest baby. That leaves us a lot of room for growth!

She told me she wouldn't make me have an epidural but she suggested I get one anyway. The meeting lasted about 1 hour and I left there feeling confident and excited.

My first appointment is next Tuesday. The following Tuesday B and C are coming down to meet the new doctor and I'm hoping she will put B's mind at ease regarding a breech delivery.

Oh and induction still stands. February 28th, 5 more weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment