Monday, August 12, 2013

How Many Babies Fit In One Woman?

When I pulled into the parking lot of the fertility clinic Monday morning I was hit with an abundance of emotions, and morning sickness. I headed up to the third floor, signed in on the ultrasound paper, and took a seat.
E and I were sending text messages to each other. We sounded like two excited little kids.
Me: Ready? 

E: Yes!! Are you in the ultra sound room?
Me: No. Waiting
E: Ok great!!! Are you nervous?
Me: Strangely enough, yes. I have butterflies. I was just thinking to myself that I'm more nervous than I expected to be.
E: We are so nervous!

A few minutes later I was ushered into the ultra sound room where I quickly removed my shoes and clothes. I jumped up on the table and assumed the position. It was only a minute or two for the (weird) doctor to come waltzing in. (This time when he took my hand to shake it I firmly grasped his and looked him directly in the eyes, he looked away. Man, he wouldn't last a minute with my father.) I asked him if he had a problem with me calling the IP's so they could hear. He took a minute but eventually said okay. I called E and C and put them on speaker phone. I swear the (weird) doctor whispered the entire time. I had trouble hearing him and I was right there with him. UGH! So glad I won't have to see him again after this.

Anyway, he started with the normal measurements. Ovaries, no free fluid, la de la. I couldn't see the screen, I could hardly hear him and I'm going crazy. He moves on... fetal pole, yolk sac, sac size, cervical length. Suddenly the wand comes out, he prints a picture for me and says...

Congratulations! There is one baby with a heartbeat of 142, everything looks great!
I quickly picked up my phone and asked E if she heard that? Of course, she had not. Excitedly I said, THERE IS ONLY ONE BABY! I think I could hear the both of them jumping for joy! What a relief, for all of us! 



1 comment:

  1. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.
    pos paper rolls wholesale

    ReplyDelete