Monday, April 29, 2013

North Carolina Bound

One thing about doing a transfer outside of the state is having to wait until the last minute to book a flight. If anyone has ever had to do it, you know exactly what I mean. The pickings are slim. I ended up leaving Austin Monday afternoon. But before I could get to North Carolina I had to fly down to Houston. Crazy. Luckily, there wasn't a big layover in-between. I was really concerned that we would be delayed with all the air traffic control delays but thankfully both flights were right on time!

When I arrived in NC both E and C were there to pick me up. It was my first time actually meeting C in person. It was kind of funny. I sat there thinking that he was nothing like I expected and looked much younger than he did in pictures.

I think that is when it occurred to me that during this process it is really hard not to compare your previous journey with the current one, and I had totally been doing that. Especially because E and B are friends.
Both B,C and E,C are beautiful people. You know, the kind that seem flawless. Perfect hair. Perfect teeth. Perfect skin. But they are really quite different in so many other ways. I think my journey with B and C caused me to shield myself a little from E and C but I didn't realize that until the moment we sat down to dinner.
E and C took me to Maggiano's Little Italy. The food was amazing and the company was pretty entertaining! I felt so comfortable with them and was able to relax and enjoy myself. 

I have to say... at one point during the conversation C said that is cray cray! I LOL'd because earlier that day I said the same thing while dropping my 12 year old off at school. He scolded me and told me NEVER to say that again! HAHA! Just wait until you have pre-teens, C. We are never as cool as we think we are!

When I walked into my hotel room I was surprised to see that E had left me a card and gift bag. The bag was full of snacks and goodies to cover my few days there. Such a sweet gesture.
I honestly spent my time at the hotel laid out on the king size bed with my laptop, kindle, and phone. I may or may not have set the snacks on the bed too...

I had trouble sleeping that night, but that isn't anything new for me. I'm not sure if it is the added hormones that make it difficult or something else all together. I did manage to get up in time the next day to take a shower and have breakfast before E came to get me at 8:45am. Off we went to our 9am appointment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment