Thursday, September 1, 2011

12 Weeks!

12 weeks (and 3 days) today! I'm toting around a couple of peach sized babies now! I'm happy to report that I am no longer taking progesterone or estrogen! Yippie! I couldn't be more excited about that!! I had hoped that once I stopped taking them that I would start feeling better, and I do... minus the latest urinary tract infection and getting sick every time I eat. :) It's not nearly as bad as it was before. 

I still have some pretty major aversions. I'm trying to fight through it but I'm not having very much luck. I did manage to choke down two cups of coffee recently but they had to not smell like coffee and not taste sweet...? I can also handle Lemonade but it has to be freshly squeezed and not too sweet and even still... I've only had a couple of cups. Water is still my best friend.
I can't really claim any cravings either. I'm loving red meat, which probably makes B's head spin being that she is a vegan! I'm also digging Tex-Mex! but neither of them are things I feel like I "have" to eat. 

My belly is growing already. I keep thinking it's my imagination but my clothes say otherwise. I haven't gained any weight as of yet. Sure is going to be fun putting on 50lbs in 5 months. NOT!
I can also feel the babies move!! I've been able to for a couple of weeks now. It didn't start as little flutters like it did early on with my babies. Instead if feels like bowling balls rolling around in there. It's pretty cool. 

Joelie tagged along to the latest appointment on Wednesday. She was such a good little girl. We took the iPad and she just hung out while watching Dora. Once we were in the examination room she was fascinated with the feet covers... some bright floral print.
B opted out of the NT Scan so the appointment was pretty basic. They did a urine check and took a sneak peak of the babies. The doctor noticed the bleed, yes it's still bleeding, and said that it wouldn't interfere with the babies at all and that it should correct itself soon. Pretty sure I heard that a couple of months ago?

The babies looked perfect. The printer wasn't working so I wasn't able to get pictures. I'll do my best to describe what I saw... it was pretty cute!
Baby A is in a horizontal position. His (I think it's a boy) head is to the right with his legs stretched out toward Baby B. Baby B is in a vertical position, facing us. Baby A is moving and wiggling around like crazy! I knew he was a wild one!! He kept turning his head from side to side like he was saying no and kicking his legs out. What was sad is that every time he moved Baby B would throw her (I think it's a girl) arm up like she was scared... like a fast jerk motion. AW! It was so amazing seeing them both move around like that. 

I called B and gave her the update. I warned her that she's going to have her hands full with Baby A! She told me that her grandmother had named them This and That! So, I told her This was going to have her up all night! :)

Our next appointment is September 28th. 16 weeks! Dr C said we would try and get a sneak peak at genders before the "big" appointment in October! I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment