Wednesday, October 3, 2012

B Introduces Me To E...

On July 1st I got an text from B...
"Hey didn't know if you matched but I have a good friend looking for a gestational carrier. Wonderful couple." 

The next day I got a phone call from E. She was... amazing!! I felt that same instant connection with her that I felt the first time I talked to B on the phone. 

A few weeks later we set up a Skype chat so I could officially "meet" E and her husband, "C'. What a cute couple! They were so easy to talk to and both so sweet. We had a great conversation and in the end we all agreed that we wanted to move forward. 

It took me until the first week in August to get all of my medical records together and mailed to the fertility clinic in North Carolina. It took the fertility clinic another couple of weeks to review all of the records and "okay" everything. 
Once that was done we set up a psych consult with Dr P-D, the same doctor we saw when we worked with B and C. We got in with her the first week of September and got her okay to keep going with the process.

B was nice enough to let E use the same agreement we used which made things a lot easier. We even ended up using the same lawyers.
I had my phone consult with my lawyer today and there were only a few minor changes that need to be made before the contract can be finalized. Hopefully it's all done in the next couple of days. Once all the parties have signed we can schedule transfer 14 days later!

I made an appointment with Liane at Nurture last week for my yearly check up and to get started on birth control. Today is my first day taking my pill. It's pretty exciting stuff. The first "real" step in all of this becoming a reality. 

The next big step has me traveling to North Carolina for my physical evaluation and a sonohysterogram; That is where they pass a thin catheter through my cervix into the uterine cavity. They slowly inject saline into the cavity while a 3-D ultrasound of the uterus is performed. It's really similar to the HSG I had when I went through this with B but supposedly less painful.
I'm actually really excited to meet E in person!! I have high hopes that the evaluation and saline transfer go well and that we will be able to attempt transfer in November. I'm so thrilled to be able to do this again and look forward to sharing my new journey with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment